The CollabVM Discord (or CVMDSC for short) is a wretched hive of scum and villainy, and the central place to talk about CollabVM and CollabVM accessories. It was first created by Novella in September 2016, but was later transferred to Dartz and made official. In the near-end of December 2018 due to eDrama™, the Discord Server officially closed down, and you can only enter with a private invite.
The server remained fairly small, both servers being less than 100 members.
Then in mid December 2019, the server reopened. Then on September 24th 2020, the Discord got terminated for hacking and the CollabVM Discord 2 was created, and then the server went public and people started joining it left and right. You can join the server by going to CollabVM and then clicking the Discord link on the navbar. On October 2020, a verification system was devised to keep people who don't comply with Rule #4 and other various undesirable entities out of the server. Keep in mind that you have to say your age (and answer the math problems you are given by the verification team correctly), or else you get kicked from the server.
Currently there are almost over 800 members in the server.
The Discord is moderated by a moderation team which consists of the following people: Technoturnovers, CHOCOLATEMAN, Hildaboo, modeco80 and mv. The verification team consists of mostly the same people in the moderation team.
Almost every moderator has access to the Admin Panel and the exclusive moderator channels. Since Dartz is never online and only comes on once every blue moon, all of the decisions and moderation are done in a very anarchy-like manner by general consensus. Essentially, if everyone hates you, you get b&. And oh, you will never be admin. Ever.
Other Discord Servers
Prior (and some after) to the creation of the official CollabVM Discord, there were some other CollabVM Discord servers created, all of which are dead and you should not join. Here is a not complete list:
- CollabVM - forkie land
- Owned by Vanilla. Meant to be used as a public server before the official CollabVM Discord opened up. No active moderators, and was made redundant the moment the actual Discord was made.
- Collaborative Virtual Machine
- Owned by Matthew. Dead, and new members can't post in #general because you need a manual role.
- "Official Secondary Server"
- Only mentioned in an old reddit post. Invite link is dead.
- CollabVM Republic
- Owned by Technoturnovers. Deleted due to inactivity.
- The Turnover Lounge
- Owned by Technoturnovers. Deleted during forkie rage
This is all of the (publicly available to verified users) channels in the CollabVM Discord server.
- For when an admin wants to ping for no reason about some dumb shit
- The imaginary and unenforced rules of the Discord. Has more than 4 rules!
- If you want to see what type of people join the Discord, then check that channel out. You're not going to enjoy it. Trust me.
- The very first channel you enter to get verified in the server. Not too many people seem to get successfully verified though...
- A specific channel only viewable to non-verified members that intends to guide one on how to properly get verified, that rarely gets read
- Where the GitHub webhook for any and all commits and specific actions to
collab3(and forks of it, most notably yellows111's) and other official Computernewb repositories (previously did Gitea)
- Throne of Youself? Long Answer.
- A channel dedicated to storing of pinned messages by the Starboard bot
- The main support channel for CollabVM related help such as getting a UserVM up and running and on the UserVM page, finding the proper libraries to help with compiling collab-vm-server for their Linux distro, programming a CollabVM mock server or bot, compiling collab-vm-server without incident, compiling an older version of collab-vm-server without being harassed into compiling a newer version, configuring a CollabNet-style VM network, or configuring Whitelister to work with your VM network. You will almost never find anyone who actually gets their problem fixed or anything done.
- Where you and your friends go to shitpost and talk about CollabVM
- The channel for all things vidya
- #rdp-party **
- The main channel for discussion of the RDP Party
- The channel to talk about programming and other topics related to programming (And no, Batch, VBS and "visual"/block """programming languages""" (t. HiAsm) are not programming languages)
- Discuss about non-CollabVM related stuff
- For posting the most autistic moments of CollabVM
- Where you can view the often magical and bizarre emails that Dartz receives
- Post all your copypastas here
- For posting music
- For posting funny CollabVM Discord (and elsewhere) quotes
- For just posting memes in general
- Stare at the screen typing +vnc for 5 minutes, then get bored and leave.
- This channel, and you also, receives cool things like Steam/GOG/
EGSgame promotions primarily from the Terraria Discord server
- BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN
- Post your high quality spam material here
- #nsfw-spam **
- The premier NSFW channel. Don't worry too much about getting access to this channel however, it's just mostly full of either femboy, Konqi, or Vaporeon porn
- Self-explanatory. Waste hours there entering NotSoBot/Assyst tag commands like "avatarroulette" or "tiktok" or "thewhat" or even "thedarts", or rather you could just caption some random trending Tenor GIF with some dumb text
- <dumb drama>
- <dumb drama numba too>
- The official annual CollabVM advent calendar for 2021 that would post a new operating system everyday up until December 25th.
** This channel is inaccessible for normal users without an additional cosmetic role or manual access permissions
- For when your squeaky preteen voice is just too much for the VC
- 🔊 gayming
- vc for vidya gamers
- 🔊 whatever
- the main voice channel of cockandballistan
- 🔊 yellows bedroom
- Do not question it
- 🔊 56k modem (20kbps)
- 🔊 BEEP BOOP BOP BOOP
- The public-bots vc
There are exactly 3 infraction (warning) roles in total:
After you have all of the infraction roles, you will end up getting a specific punishment. Usually, you'll get unverified or kicked, or banned if you've been really bad. You can sometimes get a second chance if you appeal, but depending on what you did, who you are, the mood of the moderation team it may not work out well for you.
If you obtain W3, you lose your embed permissions. This does not happen for any other infraction role.
There exist infraction roles that can ban you from talking in certain channels, like these ones. The descriptions for these roles correspond to the channel it is supposed to hide from whoever has the role.
- cant fucking program
- .txt Gagged
- Upload/Embed Gagged
- None, it is a permission ban
- The owner of the server and some fine kush. Mmmm!
- ITS THE MOTHERFUCKING CHOCCCCCC
- Autist that likes mumble rap and cartoons unironically. Ransomware enthusiast.
- CEO of KFC and CollabVM Moderator.
- The DataWagon Staff
- The Em of Vees. He likes solitaire, and is Romanian.
- obsessed with c# to an annoying degree (and a CollabVM Moderator)
- schizo lesbian witch bunnygirl
Banned for being an asshole He's back He finally escaped from CollabVM Syndrome. Matthew is back for another round. He currently hosts the official modpack server.left
- Canadian who is into
MLPPaw Patrol, is cool
- weed dragon
- One of the more recent Memebers. He masturbates to touhou and is a shitposter.
- star ⭐
- Some nerd who plays too much Fortnite, also has a cart pushing job at Walmart
memebers whose cosmetic roles do not seperate, and may or may not have one
- the cheese touch
- SO JOKER
- That fucking person that put a pillow on his head. His Twitter was full of bloat because he loved linking his Twitter to everything. Responsible for the existence of Calub Veim.
- Gay femboy loving gay femboy. Oh, and he's memebers too. Did I mention he's a femboy? Otherwise a great C++ programmer, joined the server in 2021
- Very well respected and feared admin of CollabVM. Luckily, he rarely goes online.
- number 1 arabic homosexual malware researcher
- Hey, listen!
- The original owner of the CollabVM Discord, is the prodigy of constantly joining and leaving. The comment down below represents the amount of times she has left and rejoined.
she left she's back shE LEFT AGAIN joined and left ok now she's back fulltime wow cool thanks she left [She rejoined the server, and stayed for a very short period of time. And then she left again.] IDK she's back:ppppppppp
- "the north korea guy"
- Forget Life, Play Snood!
He ragequit and deleted all of his accounts and won't answer his phone. RIP staying 362 consecutive years in prison for multiple counts of rape of a minorHe returned a while ago, then decided to repeat history
- Constantly complained and gave useless suggestions, ultimately banned by admins as the straw that broke the camel's back.
- Some retarded forkie who used to be on the old discord. Only likes Novella and no one else. Literally assblasted herself from existence after an incident with Hilda.
That one sperg who unironically plays HL2RP. Makes shitty YouTube videos.Analed by brandan
- (Previously the animated green frog) A collaborative account controlled by a set of CollabVM users. Dead due to inactivity.
- CVM Oldfag. Once despised forkie among the CollabVM community. Now is cool again
UPDATE: not in the discord anymore She's backShe has decided to join the popular "joining and leaving" trend with the rest of the cool kids
- Katie Frogs
Banned for being transphobic and an overall asshole. She's back now lmao Is a cute eevee :3BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHA
This Discord is
a truckload of shit and you should never step near it. Ever. This Discord is a friendly and soothing place with caring people who will help you. a fucking huge pile of shit lmao